I Want to Volunteer
Become a Volunteer
Our volunteers are the strength of our organization and help us deliver our services to those in our community who have low levels of literacy. As an organization, we offer many opportunities where you can assist us in delivering our services. We look for volunteers to help us with the following:
- Tutoring – tutors assist students in a one-to one or group situation, they may teach reading, writing, math or basic computer skills
- The Board of Directors – Board Members are elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting. The Board ensures that TLG meets its legal, ethical and community responsibilities. It also ensure that all programs follow the mission statement and are managed properly.
- Committee Membership – Committee members at as a resource to staff and to the Board of Directors. There are several committees to choose from such as Community Relations, Program and Planning and Human Resources.
- Office Assistant – Office Assistants help with reception duties, photocopying and collating, mail outs and other office duties as needed.
- Special Events Assistants – Volunteers help to promote TLG by helping out at various events, such as: book sales, bingos, volunteer fairs, fundraising events. It may involve: promotion and outreach, preparing food, general set up / clean up.
- Tutor Trainers – Tutors can become certified trainers through Laubach Literacy Ontario by completing tutoring hours and registering an apprentice-trainer.
We’re always looking for dedicated and talented people to join our team. Take a look at our current volunteer opportunities.