We help adults improve their literacy skills in the following ways:
- Free tutoring to adults 18+ years
- Personal assessment to determine students’ individual needs
- Student-tutor matches based on individual needs
- Structured teaching manuals and student workbooks
- Individual student-centred training plan
- One-to-one tutoring
- Small group tutoring
- Computer based learning
- Workplace skills training
- Ongoing support and follow-up
- Childcare and transportation expenses may be available*
The Literacy Group develops and delivers accessible and effective literacy programs for adults in the Waterloo Region.
Every person in the Waterloo Region has access to the resources they need to build skills that will empower them to engage fully in their community.
Welcoming – Friendly, inviting, open.
Accessible – Free for all, non-judgemental, serving diverse populations.
Effective – Resourceful, innovative.