The Literacy Group’s mission is to guide and empower people in Waterloo Region by building skills and unlocking potential-changing lives one word, one number, and one click at a time.
The Literacy Group’s vision is that everyone in Waterloo Region, regardless of ability, culture or status, will have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to realize their potential and to flourish.
- We offer innovative and learner-centered responses to the challenges our students bring us.
- We provide an inclusive and compassionate environment for all.
- We demonstrate a patient and collaborative approach to learning.
We help adults improve their literacy skills in the following ways:
- Free tutoring to adults 18+ years
- Personal assessment to determine students’ individual needs
- Student-tutor matches based on individual needs
- Structured teaching manuals and student workbooks
- Individual student-centred training plan
- One-to-one tutoring
- Small group tutoring
- Computer based learning
- Workplace skills training
- Ongoing support and follow-up
- Childcare and transportation expenses may be available*